Rettet unser Dojo in Esslingen

Gast

/ #38

2013-03-12 15:50

Dear City of Esslingen:

The economic considerations that might be driving your intentions on this matter are understandable. But please consider: there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Aikido practitioners worldwide. A dedicated Aikido practitioner visiting the Esslingen vicinity, be it for business of leisure, is bound to pay a visit to this beautiful dojo, and will certainly also take the opportunity to visit the beautiful Old Town, shop at local stores, and dine at local restaurants. I have done this several times myself. And because this dojo is so unique - with its lovely neighborhood, the beautiful training hall, the wonderful people who create such a vibrant and positive atmosphere there, and the wonderful people the dojo attracts from all over the world - those who visit this place once are bound to become regular visitors, and regular patrons to local businesses. And keep in mind that these are not your average tourists: Aikido practitioners tend to be very kind, generous, and friendly - exactly the type of people I'm sure you'd like to have visit, and to have spread the word about your beautiful city throughout the world among similarly kind, generous, and friendly folks.

Finding a way to accommodate the needs of your important corporate resident without destroying this historic hall is indeed in the best interest of your city.